1. What is the name of your organization?
The name of our organization is Kappa Theta Epsilon Sorority.
2. When and where were you founded?
Kappa Theta Epsilon Sorority was founded February 24th in Houston, TX. The idea for the Sorority was conceived by our Founder several years before, and came to fruition on that date.
3. What is the purpose of your Sorority?
The main purpose of Kappa Theta Epsilon is to offer lesbian women a network that encourages sisterhood, fosters growth, and maintains an active presence in the community by advocating for LGBT and women’s issues.
4. Where are your chapters located?
Kappa Theta Epsilon Sorority currently has a chapter in Houston, TX. We are planning expansion efforts for later this year.
5. Do I have to be in Houston to become a member?
No. Beginning this year, membership in Kappa Theta Epsilon will be open to qualified groups of women outside the Houston area.
6. I’ve seen info about your Sorority that says you are for businesswomen. I don’t own a business. Can I still join?
Yes. Though Kappa Theta Epsilon is a business professional oriented Sorority, membership is open to all feminine lesbian women. A lot of our programming for members is geared toward entrepreneurship, so our hope is that you at least have some interest in learning about business/professional pursuits.
7. Can I join if I am bisexual or label-free?
Though Kappa Theta Epsilon is a lesbian-interest Sorority, we welcome the participation of women committed to our goals and programs. We offer a variety of ways for women who are not lesbian to become involved in our efforts, including associate membership.
8. Do you have a “sister fraternity?”
No. Kappa Theta Epsilon Sorority is an independent organization. Though we welcome the opportunity to collaborate with others, we are not constitutionally affiliated with any other Greek Letter organization.
9. How can I become a member?
Membership in Kappa Theta Epsilon Sorority is by invitation only. Ladies who would like to be invited to join can submit an Interest Statement to be considered for an upcoming invitational. Fill out the form here.